Merging Stereo signal with J48 issues, help needed.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jonahlane, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Jonahlane

Jonahlane

Mar 29, 2016
    Im trying to merge two signals coming from my pedalboard, one with my VT bass deluxe, modded DS1, tuner and compressor, with my Micro synth. When the synth is off, I just use the extra channel as a clean blend. I normally have two XLR outputs and feed those to the board, but this upcoming weekend I will only be able to have one send, and would really like to have just one blended XLR output. When I plug the 1/4 in out of the VT into the "thru" of the J48, it works fine until I engage different pedals, in which it creates a weird whine sound, just one steady pitch, that changes when I use different pedal configurations. It goes away once I begin to play, but is super annoying.

Yes, I have the merge button pressed down. Yes my power is isolated (Voodoo lab PP2+) and Yes I have the ground loop engaged.

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be and/or how to solve it? I haven't seen any similar issues on here.

2. Jonahlane

Jonahlane

Mar 29, 2016
    Imagine a DS1 between the tuner and the VT. I split the signal with a morley ABY under my board, directly after my compressor.

Attached Files:

3. I use the dry out and effects return on my sans amp RBI with the effects loop on 50/50 in order to run my Darkglass b7k ultra parallel with the RBI. Does the vt deluxe have the same features?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021