1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Merlefest 2019

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by John j, Mar 27, 2019.

1. John j

John j

Dec 20, 2018
  2. Max George

Max George

Dec 27, 2015
    John j likes this.
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I attended for a few years and it's a great festival except for one thing...finding acommodations. The nearest motel I could get a room in was 45 minutes away. I still remember seeing Edgar Meyer play parts of the Bach cello suites on Sunday morning dressed in a work shirt and blue jeans.

unbrokenchain likes this.
  4. Yosbank

Yosbank

Feb 6, 2019
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. John j

John j

Dec 20, 2018
    Sounds like you stayed in Statesville.
    Jonesville and Elkin are half hour away, did you try there, or was it already filled up?

Max George likes this.
  6. unbrokenchain

unbrokenchain Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    The camping is half the fun! A van is a great way to go

Playin bass for some friends in the band competition this year, looking forward!

Max George and John j like this.
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    tear it up, dudes. I hope to get to MerleFest, DelFest, Galax, and other festivals when I retire in a few years.

jmain and unbrokenchain like this.
  8. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I've been to DelFest a couple years ago and hope to get back next year. Watermelon Festival and Galax next year as well, dammit! Have a little longer to get my Upright / Doghouse to bring along.

Haven't been over to this side, ever. I'm starting to feel a real itch to get things going. Found out there is an every other Sunday jam about 3 miles from me. I'm fightin' the urge to bring the short scale with flats, or maybe just go scope it out until I can get the DB and some chops under my fingers.