1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa + ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Djeetn, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Djeetn

Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to combine an Ampeg B4R head with a Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000 cabinet. That's because the Ampeg has a output of 1000 watt output and that this cab would be a great match. Does anybody have more info concerning this rig?

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I imagine it'll work. I dont think Ampeg has a computer chip in it that detects the cabinet, and fries it if its a compeditors cabinet.

3. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I used an Ampeg SVP-Pro/Poweramp setup with my Mesa RR410, and it sounded great. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

4. Djeetn

Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    Wow. Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it. I think that Mesa and Ampeg contains the best of both worlds in bass amplification. My current bassamp is a HK Bassforce XXL combo and it's a little bit to quiet. So, I'm saving up money to get a really good rig. I think it will be the mesa cab and ampeg head. Take care to you all!