Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mesa big block

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovking, Feb 6, 2006.

1. BIG BLOCK ....are these any good,...ive got a 400+ now and love it. ive seen littlre user reviews on them. tx in adv

2. I've only played a little on them but I can say that the sound is great. The're not as versitile as the M-Pulse 600 but if your just looking for a good rock tone, with little fuss, the Big Block is the way to go. Personally I like the options the 600 has to offer but the BB's 750w @2ohms sounds kinda nice. I've also heard really good things about the distortion but I didn't bother with it (no footswitch).

Plenty of power and one of the coolest looking heads out right now, IMO.

3. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    If you didnt know, they have a new Big Block V12 out that puts out 1300 watts. Which probably means that those 1300 Mesa watts are equivalent to about 2500 QSC watts.

But yeah I've played the 750 and it's nowhere near as versatile as the M-Pulse line. It also has killer distorion, but thats nothing you can't get from cranking up the gain on an M-Pulse.