1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa boogie Diesel series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benchbass, Mar 27, 2013.

1. benchbass

benchbass

Mar 17, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had experience with these cabs. I was wondering what your opinions on the quality of these cabs were and what a fair price would be for a 4x10 and a 1x18. I'm looking to buy this and I wanted to check with all of you before hand. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364360785.868404. Thanks!

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    They are some of the best (most balls) cabs ever made. And also among the heaviest! Go for it if the price is good. I would put that 4x10 up against anything available today.

I think ~$400 would be a good price for the 4x10. I wouldnt personally go after the 1x18 so I'd only take it for dirt cheap ($200).

3. Grizz33

Grizz33

Nov 25, 2012
    Rockford, IL
    I have a Mesa Diesel 1X15 and I love it. Excellent cabinet. It's a friggin' TANK. Casters are your friend. Not sure about the pricing on the 4X10 or 1X18, but I've seen 1X15 cabs go for 250-300 bucks. I honestly don't think I've seen a 1X18 cab. I'd be all over both of those.

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Great cabinets. Huge. Heavy as hell. Anything under 400.00 for a 410 or 215 would be good.

5. P Town

P Town

Dec 7, 2011
    I've got a 115 diesel, road ready tank.

I usually run it with an Ampeg PF500.

Works great.

A little heavey, but still fairly portable, and won't break if you drop it.

The cabinet design is an Electrovoice: TL606, with an EV15L driver.

Not sure why Mesa used the L version of the driver in a bass cab, but it works.

My understanding is that the EV15B is desigend for bass.

The EV15L can be reconed as an EV15B.

I'd love to get another one.

6. Denny Coon

Denny Coon

Jan 10, 2010
    Ohio
    I have a 4x10 and a 2x10. Best cabs Ive ever had. very loud, punchy, clear, heavy and just awesome. They sound great with about any head..

7. Slaminator

Slaminator

Mar 26, 2013
    Had an EV -loaded Diesel 15 that I was lucky enough to buy as NOS several years ago.
    Wish I still had it; powerfully good sounding cabs.
    Depending on condition, I think the 300-400 range is about right.

Good Luck!

8. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey

i recently had one of those speakers reconditioned and a 4 ohm voicecoil instead of the original 8 and it sounds great. blows away the neo 15 i bought that everyone raves about. can't remember the model details but it is the one in fEARful cabs but the ull rnge not the LF. It's not even close