1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa cab set up ?????'s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L-1000_Guy, May 9, 2010.

1. L-1000_Guy

L-1000_Guy

May 8, 2010
    Yeah, the car thing was a concern also. I'm driving a CRV now and a 610 or 1200 would fit side ways, but If I ever changed rides then I would have that to consider.

God I love the sound of this thing!!!!!
    Leave it to Mesa to rock my world again!!!!!

DAVE

2. Queg

Queg

Nov 20, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Congratulations. Advantages to "modular" cab setup:
    1. More potential ways to fit the cabs into a vehicle
    2. Leave 1 cab at practice space, one cab at home.. take head back and forth and always have your tone with you.
    3. Your bottom cab has wheels, which means rolling the stack is not really 2 trips as implied by others.
    4. Sure, 2 trips may be necessary to carry it up stairs, but isn't that better then needing 2 people?
    5. Some gigs just don't need a huge rig. Ridiculous to roll in with a fridge to a small party or coffee shop.

3. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    +1

Advantages to having a huge cab:
    1. It looks ****ing badass

4. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Agreed. Adding another Mesa 115 will make your rig sound 4 times better. It's a scientific fact.

Attached Files:

5. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I kinda fell in love with the PH1200 in the store, but after gigging with it for a few months I kinda wished I had got the 215 instead. But whatever, the PH1200 is still a totally ridiculous cab. Grass is always greener...

6. I've wanted the Powerhouse/PH1200 ever since I first saw/heard the prototype. I dont think I could haul one in my civic wagon, but heck. I still want.

7. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Indeed. :D

[​IMG]

8. Fourth'd - I only use the 2-1x15s live.

multiview.