1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Metal rock or blues recommendations?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Blackcatbones, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

Jan 6, 2013
    i'm trying to find some good tabs suitable for a six string bass in standard tuning. Im trying to get away from traditional bass lines and play more lead lines melody type material. I like heavy, dark sounds. Metal, rock, blues.
    I especially love really dark emotional blues music but I don't know of a whole lot. Oh! Stevie ray's Texas flood is there a bass version of the main melody ?

Any music suggestions would help a lot and I can track down the tabs myself.

Thanks again !

2. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

Jan 6, 2013
    Must be something I said? Lol
    Nobody has any rock, metal or blues favourites to recommend ?

3. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Yes, methinks it was something you said.

Dark, emotional music with a blues root - Pink Floyd. Not gonna be much 6-string melodic bass leads though....

Maybe you should pick up an acoustic and write the songs you hear in you head then lay down the bass as it should be?

Good luck!

4. Frxns

Frxns

Mar 27, 2013
    If you like dark heavy sounded metal music you should try and listen to saint vitus... Songs like the bleeding ground, born too late, burial at sea, dying inside,let them fall..
    Songs are very easy and pretty monotonic but they sound awesome so it's worth a try, and also a open door to playing more difficult technic songs?