1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metal Sound?

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by bassplayermk268, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bassplayermk268

bassplayermk268

Nov 29, 2007
    This might be the wrong forum to post this under, but i have been playing bass for about 8 years now, and usually i play rock, i have recentlly gotten into Metal/Hardrock and i am in a band with that sound. My rig is a Ampeg 6X10 SVT series and occasionally ill use my Ampeg 1X15 too to fatten up my sound. My head is a Gallien Krueger 1001RB head and my effects are a Korg AX3 floor processor, a boss overdrive, a boss chorus and a morley dual wah. I just am not gettin a good sound! I dont know what to do becaus ive never had to set up my rig to be in the complete backround. Usually i played music that allowed me free range, and i also had to switch from finger styl to pick style to get some tone i wanted! What else should i do, any help is appreciated!!!

2. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Strip everything and go back to just an amp and a bass for awhile.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021