1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metal you've been enjoying lately

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ryan Smith, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Aug 29, 2006
    Chicago
    I know its broad, but I was just trying to get an idea as I've been really into metal for years and now that Im at college I'm finding myself even more into it. So what kind of stuff are you guys listening to?

I'm really into Thrash, NWBHM type stuff and I have not been able to stop listening to Skeletonwitch "Beyond the Permafrost" so I strongly recommend that. I also just got Iced Earth's "Horror Show" as my first Iced Earth CD and the band sounds amazing, but I hate the vocals. It reminds me of Nickelback almost. I just ordered the newest CD of a band called Saviours from Oakland, California which also looks amazing along with two Melvins CDs

2. The new Amon Amarth album is great. Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of At The Gates.

3. New Bleeding Through and lots Progressive stuff lately. Opeth,Dream Theater Cynic. Also saw Nile 2 weeks ago was amazing.

4. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    lol at Iced Earth sounding like Nickelback. I could never really get into either myself...

I don't know if you're into the prog end of metal, but right now I'm listening to Between the Buried and Me's "Colors". Other than that I haven't been listening to a lot of what one would call "metal" lately.

5. The usual. Dream Theater, Nightwish and Diablo Swing Orchestra.

6. Colors is an amazing album! I would be listening to it, but I let my girlfriend borrow it and shes been listening to it a lot lately.

7. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    "Frantic" single from St. Anger, Metallica

When i told my metalhead friend this, he nearly broke my iPod in half.

And I'm my metalhead friend.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    High on fire, The Sword, Clutch, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, BLS, Fu Manchu.

9. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    slipknot

10. lucretius

lucretius Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Between the Buried and Me, The Human Abstract, Despised Icon, Ion Dissonance, The Locust *ridiculous, Into the Moat *also ridiculous

11. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Aug 29, 2006
    Chicago
    I've also been listening to the new High on Fire a lot. I really want to check out the new Sword album because the old one was amazing. The new between the buried and me isn't doing much for me except for the one video game-esque break down at the end of second track. I really want to get some electric wizard too.

12. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    I find the older Evergrey stuff amazing in terms of dark atmosphere and emotion.
    Quite technical stuff in there too.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh, and I have been really enjoying listening to Mastodon a lot lately.

14. Buddah999

Buddah999

Oct 29, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    I'm listening to alot of Opeth and Isis atm. And waiting impatiently for the new Mastodon, and Lamb of God.

15. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Most recently it's been Mudvayne.:bassist:

Others are Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Disturbed, and other numetal types of bands. I really like this kind of metal. Thrash has always been my favorite kind, but I think numetal is just so awesome. It just the power and feeling it gives me that just makes me love it.:)

16. Sleep, Kyuss, Orange Goblin, Priestess, sHeavy, Colour Haze, Electric Wizard etc.....the usual suspects....

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have been greatly enjoying Metallica's new release "Death Magnetic" ! :bassist:

18. Elrend

Elrend

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    I've never understood whats so appealing about metal, could somebody tell me why they like metal?

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

The passion and intensity ! :bassist:

20. BassBoy24

BassBoy24

Jan 4, 2007
    California
    I been diggin Slipknots new album, All Hope Is GOne. ya, i know, alot of people do and dont like it.