1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Micro Mark for a quick getaway

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Ric Vice, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Hello,
    I've been considering a Markbass Micro Mark as a support amp for small duo gigs and fast in and out. Just incase I'm in a situation where the crowd is really loud and playing acoustically won't be heard. What's the concensus?

2. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    ric,
    i have a micromark and love it. for the situation you describe its perfect.
    it sounds best sitting on the floor. great little amp, if you have a good sounding bass and PU.

3. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    Hey Ric,
    I had one. Dunno if mine was defective, but it was VERY low volume. Maybe on the floor and against a wall, it could cover something - but I don't know what other than solo bass guitar practice (4 string that is). Again, could have been me or the unit, but I didn't get much out of it. Maybe they'll send me a new unit and I can try again. Now - the Minimark, that's a whole nuther animal. This thing has more output than many of the competing combos on the market - and a very fine sound. It also works great with slave cabinets and PA systems. And the briefcase profile makes it seem LIGHTER than its listed weight. The only downside is the piezo tweeter can not be easily turned off. That tweeter, in certain situations, like with DB, can be harsh. In other situations, like electric bass on rock music, it might help the sound cut through. I've heard a rumor that it can be disconnected, but I don't know details. Given the choice of Micro or Mini, I vote Mini - it's just so much more capable, and the size/weight upgrade is really not much.

4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I was at a jam session a while back and the bassist was using one with a quartet. It sounded great - definitely not loud but it worked - added just enough to the acoustic sound to work well with the drummer (who was fairly acoustic bass friendly). I've just picked up a T.C. Helicon VSM-300. It seems like it will work similarly and so far sounds nice (and is half the price). I'll have my first gig with it tonight.