1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Microsoft Word 2007 question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Ok I've got a bunch of tables in one document that I need to copy over to another, but when I copy them the columns get all messed up and ridiculous looking. Is there any way to copy an entire page over to another document, formatting and all? Highlighting everything and copy-pasting to the other document is resulting in some really messed up margins and layouts...

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    This works best if you copy one table at a time.
    1. Select "Paste Special" (click the pull-down under Paste)
    2. Use the HTML Format (which should be the default). If that doesn't work, try the Formatted Text (RTF) option.

Good luck!

3. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't think Rich Text Format (.rtf) can do tables at all. Were both documents created in the same version of Word? M$ changed the .doc format to .docx at some point, and it makes a mess out of exchanges like this. Try saving both files to the same older .doc format first.

4. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Now that I think about it, the old one was created in 2003 and the document I'm trying to paste into is 2007.

Thanks for the tip... I'll try that.

Maybe I'll try taking the original Excel file and pasting it directly into 2007 as well.

5. DeepBottom

DeepBottom

Apr 8, 2009
    West of Eden
    When you paste over into the new doc, there should be a little brush icon in the lower right hand corner of the past area that lights up. Click on it and you can get options like Keep source format.