MIDI foot controller

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I'm looking into buying a Switchblade 8 in the near future, and will need a MIDI foot controller to go along with it. The switchblade will be used to route a few effects that I have. I looked around a little bit on the good ol' net and found this:

I'm usually not a big fan of behringer, but this one's gotten some good reviews and all the other controllers cost a significant amount more. I'm new to MIDI, so don't know a whole lot about what to look for in a controller.

Is this a good controller, or should I look elsewhere for a MIDI foot controller.
  2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have had mine for about four months and it has proven to be reliable. Its very sturdy and built pretty solid. I use it with the V-Amp Pro. I don't have any experience using it with other units.
  3. well, the behringer...um, well you've probably read what i think of behringer with their BX1200, but I won't say don't go for the behringer, because it looks like a decent pedal. (of course, so did the bx1200) the only other midi controller like that that i've heard of was the ART X-15, which i have, i got it with my ART preamp. I don't think they make them anymore, but you could look on ebay. they are decent controllers, they do what they are told to do. they actually are just like the behringer, but the two pedals are one the other side. oh yeah, rocktron makes one too, but they don't have two pedals like the behringer or X-15, which i kinda like.
    good luck,
  4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

<b>That Behringer seems quite good, especially for the money.It takes up a LOT of floor space though.I programmed one for a buddy a while back, it was pretty easy compared to my Rocktron Midi Mate.</b>