1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Miles Mosley plays a Blast Cult DB, Winter NAMM 2012

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Jazzdogg, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I watched this video after stumbling upon an internet mention of the Blast Cult DB.

I'm even more confused than I was before. ;)

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Whoops :oops:

Thanks, Ole!

I find it difficult to ascertain the sonic character of this bass (or any bass, really) from an audio clip - especially when effects are used liberally. That said, something tells me these basses will be a lot more popular among bassists who play rockabilly and punk than those who play jazz or classical.

3. If you watch the company's promo video that's pretty much who they're marketing these basses towards. They talk about how they're reinforced so you can stand on them and whatnot.

I think it's a good move for a company. With the popularity of upright in indie, alt-country, and punk bluegrass I think they will be very successful.

4. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    all i hear is string noise

5. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Banned

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Listen Harder. I really dig his style.

6. miles mosley

miles mosley

Nov 19, 2007
    miles mosley
    Endorsing Artist: SWR, Blast Cult, MXR, Dunlop, Way Huge
    Love youtube and what it's done for the exposure of artists over the years, but I'd say for us bass players the mobile media devices of today, and the internet playback, and upload mediums don't exactly flatter us from a low end perspective.

I hope to release some things this year that'll satisfy and represent this wonderful instrument in a more flattering manner.
    NAMM was a blast, the guys at Blast Cult won a "Best In Show" award.

Keep it classy my fellow brethren of the low end. till next time.

*M

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Yeah, to fully appreciate the sound of Miles' bass you would have to be there and I was when he performed at the bass bash, impressive to say the least and an audience full of bassists were basically mesmerized by his performance. Well done Miles! I was the guy that came up and asked you about your bass.