1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minnesota/Midwest

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by mattsk42, Oct 26, 2006.

1. I will be there!

58.8%
  2. Sorry - I can't make it.

41.2%
  1. mattsk42

mattsk42 Supporting Member

I noticed a lot more MN people on TB than I thought there was. I'm from SD originally, and there's almost none from there or ND. By midwest I don't mean Ohio or Indiana really. That's more "east" to me.

So, MN, WI, SD, ND, NE, IA, etc.

I'm sure we could get something together in the Minneapolis/St. Paul (Twin cities) area for a space. I might ask at a few music places, too. I'm sure they'd be interested in doing something. It seems there isn't a GREAT demand for bass gear here, so it'd be a good business opportunity.

Who's interested?

2. this wouldn't be a horrible idea :)

3. I might be able to do something like that! Depending on Date/place of course.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I might be game too. It would be nice to go to someones gig too!!

5. mattsk42

Yeah, it would be fun to do that. Maybe we could get someone to do some kind of "workshop" or "clinic" too. I think it'd be fun to see everyone's gear. I've never played a Cirrus or Sadowsky or other high end stuff. If I can get some positive or for sure replies, we could figure out a location.

I was thinking Minneapolis/St. Paul for now since we could get a big building here and there's a few in the Metro area on TB.

6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Would love to, but it's a little too far for me. Not toally out of the question, though.

7. Toneonbass

Toneonbass

Jul 1, 2006
    I think I would be down...

8. Count me in!

Possible place would include:

American Guitar Boutique (In St. Paul, MN)
    They have pretty decent gear and a beautiful shop and I know they've done clinics here before.
    www.americanguitarboutique.com

Brickhouse Music (In River Falls, WI -- about 20 minutes from St. Paul)
    They are a nice shop with a HUGE Fender Inventory. More importantly, they are ultra-nice folks and the bass guy, Clark, really knows his stuff. The place also has plenty of room! This would be my first choice.
    www.brickhousemusic.com

Keep me in the loop on the planning!

9. mattsk42

Hey I was just going to check out the American Guitar Boutique actually. I guess either would be fine with me. I'm definitely in, anyone else have a suggestion? Anyone know someone to do a clinic?

10. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Count me in on it. I get to the cities for a jam quite often.
    edit: I haven't been to the River Falls store, but would like to see thier inventory, and get a chance to try out some new stuff. Sounds like thst would be the place for the room to crank it up a bit.
    Can you guys PM me, and let me know where and when?? Defineately like to get in on the fun.

11. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    i would definately b down for this

12. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    sounds like a great idea ... I am sure it would be a good opportunity to learn a lot ...

13. Another option might be Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse, WI. Big store, Fodera, EBMM, Aguilar dealer. I've heard great things about them.

14. regardless of location, I would like to put in a vote for late spring/summer for the gtg--I would like to avoid driving through a blizzard if i can help it :)

15. My home's not too far from you guys...;)

16. +1
    Summer would be the only time I could get away.

17. mattsk42

I will definitely PM everyone who shows an interest in this thread, and make a new one with the details. I was thinking spring will be a good time, too, but the sooner we plan it, the more people we can get and the better it will go. Plus we can work out all the little details ahead of time.

18. brianbj46

brianbj46

Aug 11, 2006
    madison, wi
    i may be interested, i am from northfield, mn but am going to school in madison, wi. what exactly would a 'get together' consist of?

19. GrooveBass

GrooveBass

Oct 10, 2004
    Iowa
    Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse would definitly have enough space. I go there fairly often (whenever I'm in LaCrosse) and they do have a huge store. I also know for a fact that they have a room for rehersals and also have a collection of rare gui**** and amps upstairs, including a vintage blue sparkle tuck&roll cab and head set. Very Cool. I am in if it's close enough.

20. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    I work at a Schmitt Music in a suburb of Minneapolis. The store is big and they have plenty of practice spaces we could use. If anyone is interested in having it here let me know. I really want to do this too even if it's not at Schmitt