1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Missing out by not being able to read music?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Dieps17, May 5, 2013.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

How does a guy get on your sub list, Roy? :D

2. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Uh.. yeah! *cough cough*. =)

3. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Caleb, you already are!
    Pacman, you'll just have to move here. Great CD, btw, Congrats!

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Thanks, brother! That means a lot!

And I'll let you know when I get to town. I can crash on your couch, right? ;)

5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    For a minute, we do have a guestroom, but Mrs. Roy may have a limited tolerance for long term house guests. :)

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wow, that pays even better than Bowzer gigs ;) Good score!

7. unclejane

unclejane Guest

Jul 23, 2008
    +1. Even though I finally had it up to here with drug dealers etc. (I gigged in Austin, TX where you just had to tolerate that, at least back in the 80's), I got a lot out of actually gigging on stage until I quit.

I even tried to play at a local jam about a year ago, but was helpless because of hearing problems and was hurried off the stage after 2 songs (nothing like a deef musician to turn the audience off!).

I could play small combos I bet where the volume is low enough for me to be able to hear and, if an opportunity came up, I'd probably go ahead and do it.

But I did all that playing without being able to read. I'm obviously not advocating that but it is doable with Rock or C&W gigs. If I wanted to be a professional, there's no way I'd even attempt it without being able to read somewhat.

LS

8. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    :):bassist: