1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixer help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by homers, Dec 17, 2006.

1. homers

homers

Oct 27, 2006
    Hi I am looking for a way for me to record my bass straight to my computer and I will also hear it through my speakers.

I have narrowed it down to either M AUDIO JAMLAB GUITAR INTERFACE
    www.studiospares.com/pd_363820_M AUDIO...0INTERFACE.htm#

or

BEHRINGER XENYX 1202FX
    www.studiospares.com/pd_380700_BEHRINGER...NYX 1204.htm#

all, from studio spares. First would these work with my bass and also what one do you think I should go for?

What could I add to the bass lines with the mixer i.e what are the advantages of it?

2. homers

homers

Oct 27, 2006
    Hi
    Anyone know. Sorry for the impatience.

3. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    i ahve the behringer xenyx 1204fx mixer, and i love recording my bass through it. i normally go bass -> effects -> mixer -> firewire interface -> comp and i get great results.

the fire wire interface was added later, but the behringer mixer came with a usb interface that worked well, but it wasnt as versitile as the firewire interface i got.

so if the behringer mixer ur looking at comes with the usb interface, it should be right up your ally.