MMJ wiring w/Audere JZ3 preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Nov 8, 2021.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Hey Guys, I have an SX Jazz Bass "build"(4 string); w/ 20211108_170145.jpg a Seymour Duncan Musicman pickup in the bridge position; I also have an Audere JZ3 preamp and I'd like to get as much versatility from the MM pickup as I can, but I don't have the wiring diagram that came with the pickup. I'm also installing a BassMods (big phatty) pup in the neck position, and I'm not exactly sure how to wire everything up. The preamp has 4 slots, 2 for "hot" and two for ground/neutral. 'Any idea how I should go about wiring this thing up? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    Audere has a TON of info on their website:

Audere Audio Pro JZ3 Preamps

The SD pickup will follow standard SD colors - one coil is black-white and the other is red-green. If you want it in parallel (typical for most MM pickups), run green and white to the ground connection, and black and red to hot. For series, green to the ground connection, red and white tied together, and black to hot.

The bare wire in the MM pickup should go to the "chassis ground" - NOT the "ground" connection for the pickup. Audere preamps need the pickup coil's "ground" run separate from shielding grounds.

madjazzbass and Reedt2000 like this.
  3. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Thank You Very Much, This is very useful and informative, Much Appreciated.

dwizum likes this.