Modded Out Fuzzrocious Grey Stache

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Parker Jessup, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Parker Jessup

Parker Jessup

Feb 27, 2017
    Hey Everyone,

After some time with my Fuzzrocious Cat King pedal I'm blown away, and hoping to make a custom order direct from Fuzzrocious soon.

Initially leaning toward a heavily modded Grey Stache, and was curious if anyone had toyed with the modded features and had clear preferences.

Definitely hoping to incorporate the following mods:
    1. Diode Selector
    2. Tone Bypass
    3. Momentary Oscillation
    4. Blend Nob (not listed on the website, but thinking this should be doable)

I am also toying with the idea of incorporating another effect... anyone own or have experience with the grey stache mods or grey stache + another effect built in? Would there be any setbacks to incorporating this many mods into a single pedal (other than enclosure size, of course)?

rratajski likes this.
  2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    This sounds very doable. Personally, I don't think you need the blend; the gs won't cut your lows.

As far as the other effect, go for it, but you need to know what you want. I can't tell you what you want.

rratajski likes this.
  3. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    You can't always get what you wa... sorry.

I'm sure Ryan can hook you up, as long as you're ready to spend some extra cash. I see a lot of custom stuff that he posts to social media.

rratajski likes this.
  4. Parker Jessup

Parker Jessup

Feb 27, 2017
    Hell yeah, thanks for the responses guys! As to another effect, was originally looking at adding a tremorslo to the mix...though not sure if it's even an option anymore...

Curious if combining both effects into a single enclosure would limit the capabilities of each effect. Apologies, definitely not an expert in this area!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    rratajski likes this.
  5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Please feel free to email me directly to talk mods and stuff, but like @JonnyAngle said, no one can tell you what mods you want/need. It's about what you need for your sound/setup. We are not taking retired pedal orders, so Tremorslo won't be able to happen unless you locate a used one and want to have it rehoused. If you're after tremolo, we have another offering in our line that could suffice.

Yes, we can add clean blends, but note that they can and probably will have a negative effect on oscillation occurring.

The plus side to 2-in-1 effects: saves space and looks cool/unique.
    The negative side: you're stuck in where you place the effects in your setup. If you will change your rig in the future (who doesn't?! haha), two separate effects may work better.

dylant31 and Snaxster like this.
  6. Parker Jessup

Parker Jessup

Feb 27, 2017
    Ain't serendipity great? In a wild turn of events, Someone gifted me a Grey Fly. Looks like I got my Stache and then some! Who needs a blend knob, amirite?

Ryan - definitely happy to open up a dialogue - in the short term, do you know of any projects where people have added further mods (such as the diode/tone bypass) to the grey fly?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    rratajski likes this.
  7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    None that I know of. We strongly encourage owners of our products to adhere to the Terms and Conditions for sale and not void the warranty. If you'd like to discuss mods, we can do so privately over email.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022