Modding a Bassballs.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PunkRocker33133, Jun 24, 2008.

  1. So, I got an Electro-Harmonix Bass Balls today and I love the Distortion, and I love the filter but I want to be able to switch the distortion on withoutthe filter on. So are there any mods that do this?
  2. I saw that, but I have no clue how to read the schematic.... :(
  3. There's nothing technical to be read from the schematic - you only need to look for the points marked with letters in circles.

    On the mod page, the switch on the left appears to be the existing "fuzz" switch. The switch on the right is the new switch that effectively bypasses the filters by disconnecting the point marked "F" and reconnecting it to the output jack.
  4. shooter_mi


    Sep 29, 2005
    I sympathize with punkrocker here. The links niftydog offered are great, but they've got to be used together. Essentially, there are three wires connecting to the toggle switch. One wire goes to an electro cap and potentiometer, another connects to two resistors, and the third connects to a regular capacitor. This third wire is the one that needs to be disconnected and sent to a DPDT switch. The output end of that switch should connect to the existing DPDT switch. This is a pretty rudimentary explanation, and if it doesn't make sense or if you can't pick out the necessary parts on the circuit board, it might be time to check out some specifics on reading schematics. It'll be tough to make sense of any info online about modding without being able to components on a schematic to components on a circuit board.