1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modding a Comfort Strapp?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhodgeh, Jul 21, 2004.

1. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    Not real sure where this one should go, so I’ll try here.

I’ve got the long Comfort Strapp (38 – 45 in.), and I’ve just decided that I like having my bass a bit higher.

The Comfort Strapp does adjust to get the location of the bass where I want it, but the problem is when positioned at the angle I like to play, the junction between the nylon and neoprene portions of the strap end up on my shoulder. It kind of negates a good bit of the benefit of the strap, and after a while, the plastic buckle get to be a bit uncomfortable.

I thought about getting the shorter strap, but I’m afraid that it may be too short.

So now I’m thinking about modifying my strap by removing a bit of the nylon webbing from the horn end of the strap, and would like to if anyone has done or has had this done successfully? I’m thinking a shoe repair shop would have the equipment to get a good stitch in the nylon webbing. Or is this something that I could take care of at the house?

Any and all comments are welcome.

D