1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moding Ibanez ATK300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joseph.Magnum, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Anyone done this?
    Some pople say that TRAD and BRIGHT switch positions sound the same to them, while ATK position has it's great function.
    So, I've heard some have moded the bass, and added something (capacitators i persume) to the electronics.

Thanx for answers, cheers ;)

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida

Some people must be partially deaf.

:bag:

Seriously, I've never heard of this mod, but if you do a search under Ibanez ATK, you might come up with something.

3. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm researching this at the moment, as I feel the difference is very subtle and could use some improvement. The bass is still bright in Trad mode, even with the treble rolled off.

After starting this reply, I bit the bullet & opened my ATK up. Hanging off the the 3-way switch circuitboard is a small ceramic capacitor at C2 (no value on the side, just a big T) and a 91K resistor at R1. Should be easy enough to mess with either of those. I'm thinking of throwing a fat .1 uF cap in there and a 100k trimpot to adjust to taste - change my "Trad" setting to DUB :)

c-

Attached Files: