1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Modulus Quantum Bassstar 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iriegnome, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I have here what I bought as a project, but I just don't have the time or ambition. The previous owner pulled all the frets out. The fretjob from Modulus would be $500 or the fretjob from Jerry at Graphite Guitar Systems in Washington State would be $250... Everything else looks to be cool. As I have done some research on this bass, it can be from about 1979 to about a 1982 or so. No serial number. It has the Quantum headstock on a neck through, which may have been a prototype or a custom order. Either way, this bass is extremely rare, since the Bassstar did not come in a 5 string and it also did not come in a neck through nor did they come with the Quantum headstock. This is an EXTREMELY rare bird from what I have seen and heard.
    $1200 + shipping
    PICT0011.
    pict0006.

2. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    PICT0005.
    pict0007.
    PICT0009.
    PICT0010.
    PICT0012.

3. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

wow, that knot on the wood looks like a person..... miracle bass??? bump

4. Nice. I would just replace the neck and be done with it. Looks great though...I love the wood patterns

5. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Neck cannot be replaced. It is a neck through. PLus when I spoke with Jerry, he said they could make it all pretty again.

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Ok. Digging up an old thread to give an update - Jerry has the bass and has ID'd it to a 1978 or so. Extremely early Modulus!! I should have it back in 2 weeks... Wow, I did not realize I slacked on fixing her up for so long.

7. I love this thing!

8. I've been GASSING really bad for something out of the ordinary.Like a graphite bass or a Dingwall.I would jump all over that.Nice bass.

9. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Thanks. I can't wait to get it back and play it. Jerry at Graphite Guitar Works seems like a pretty cool guy. Really know what he is talking about

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What's the weight and scale length? And do I understand correctly that the frets and fretboard will be all fixed up when you get it back?

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

A person? You are crazy!:rolleyes:

It is Chewbacca!:D Seriously, take a close look!:hyper:

Bump for a cool bass!

12. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    It weighed 19 pounds to ship, so I am not sure exactly what it weighs. The scale length is 35".. Talking to Jerry at Graphite Guitar Works, he thinks it is somewhere in the 1978 range! That would put it in the first 2 or 3 years of ALL Modulus's!! The Bassstar basses usually had a Fender headstock, so this one has a extremely early Quantum head..
    So, it it pretty rare (I guess) and I can's wait to play it.
    The neck and the Fretboard are supposed to be all fixed up when it returns...:bassist:

13. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Hey - I did not even realize this was the for sale section. THIS BASS IS NO LONGER FOR SALE!!! SORRY EVERYONE.

14. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Sorry, I should explain. When I bought the bass, I missed the part where the add said it was a playable bass. Obviously, by looking at the pic's it was not. Since last September, I found someone who could fix it and make it a workable and great bass again. So that is why I am keeping it.

15. Jesus?

How cool would that be.....a Jesus bass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.