1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mojo Hand Rook Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gonzo476, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
  2. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    i own one and it sounds FANTASTIC on guitar.
    i'll go try it out on bass and report.

EDIT: okay, so after some brief noodlin' i came up with this...
    the Rook has a LOT of flexibility with it's 3-way switch. the knobs allow for a variety of sounds, even for Bass.

i dialed in a pretty nasty tone with the GAIN @ 1 'o clock, VOLUME @ 11 'o clock, TREBLE & BASS @ 3 'o clock, with the switch on the bottom (cut) position.
    bass retention is nominal, though like many ODs, when playing multiple strings it looses some low-end clarity. i could still thump with it.

and let me also note that this pedal can be EXTREMELY low noise. i have a pretty quiet Fender MIJ Jazz and just muting the strings with my palm, i could hear no buzzing with the Rook engaged.
    amazing pedal! if you don't have a guitar OD, i grab this in a heartbeat. for bass, i'd have to compare it to my other ODs... but i don't have any! i just use an M9's TUBE DRIVE setting for live stuff and i just crank my Ampeg B-15 for gain in the studio.

3. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks for giving it a try on bass. Would you be able to make soe clips?

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    just ordered one...