Money laundry?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Frenchy-Lefty, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:39 AM.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if I am the only one but I've always suspected that some outrageously expensive items on Ebay were just part of a money laundry schemes.

Let's say I have $6,000 cash to launder.
    I list 3 Squiers that I don't have for $2000. No one will buy them obviously. I give the cash to one or several persons that put it on their Paypal. They buy the 3 non existing basses from me and send me my money. I only lose the Ebay and Paypal commissions but the money on my account is now legit.

Am I the only one thinking that?

2. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    I’d be very surprised if this didn’t happen!

Killing Floor likes this.
  3. jimmydean

jimmydean

Mar 14, 2009
    Way to go smart guy , thanks for letting everyone in on "our" dirty little secret......until now that is ......don't worry about starting your car in the morning.....no hard feelings . Bass players are really smart !

Frenchy-Lefty and 12BitSlab like this.
  4. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Love My Dogs
    whats hard now is, that 2000 each person puts into their bank to get it to paypal, then the tax you'll pay for those transactions on next years taxes... then you have to square it with those 3 guys (pay them something)... probably not worth all that trouble, just trickle the 6k into your bank slowly would be my suggestion..:whistle:

Frenchy-Lefty likes this.
  5. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Nearby there are 6 mattress stores on the same corner. There is nobody in either of them. There are no cars in the lots even on Saturday. Prime retail leases. I assumed it was common knowledge that Mattress stores are where the money gets clean.

I believe you could push cash through eBay or Reverb with little overhead. Interesting.

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Closed for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.