1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Monitor as a cooling device???

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Sort gig story. Once at a convention gig, the CEO wanted to address the conventioneers. So, he came up on stage and did his speech etc. As he was leaving the stage, he asked me what happened to the breeze. Of course, I've got this puzzled look on my face as all sorts of possibilities went through my mind. Then he pointed down to the monitors and asked "Aren't those fans?" I then explained what their function was. He said he had always thought that they were fans for keeping cool at hot venues and on stages. That was a new one for me, but I guess to the average guy, that could be a logical assumption. Maybe even a good idea. Attach a fan to the monitor! Who knows? :cool:

2. SharkUSMC

SharkUSMC

Nov 2, 2009
    Festus, Mo
    Monitor as a fan? Now that's some deep excursion.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    The port on a monitor can give you a puff of air.

4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I want to build a fan monitor now. That would actually be incredibly easy.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Dual function FTW!

6. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Drummers would love 'em!

7. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Steve Vai uses them...

8. I had a few comments about how my guitars were made of wood and not plastic like "those other guys on TV".

We had a thread about stupid stuff non-musicians tell you, it died, unfortunately but you can dig it up, there are funny ones.

9. You could do it pretty easily if you were designing a powered monitor.

Randy

10. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
  11. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    It seems like a lot to haul a monitor box with a dinky fan in it to a gig. if your hot, get one of those big stainless steel 2" industrial jobs and stick it in front of you. then you aren't hauling a stupid monitor box around.

Two in one is cool though.

12. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    You're right. Better to get rid of that crappy JBL stuff and be really cool. ;)

Does it sound like a Leslie? :cool: