1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mono bridged svt4 pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WokenDeer, Jul 7, 2012.

1. So I've searched tb and googled and youtubed and have gotten some conflicting info.

I realize you need a certain connection at the amp end and I know how to change the connections in the speakon.

So the wiring as I understand it should be:
    Pin = +1
    Sleeve = +2

Correct?

Next question: is it ok to run the cab side 1/4 inch ( I know, don't touch the pin). Or should I just buy a 2 end speakon and re-wire one end.

And final question. Is it possible to re-wire a speakon to 1/4 adapter and is it safe to do so and run a regular 1/4 cable from adapter to cab.

Oh and cab in question is an Ampeg heritage 810e.

I was also reading some post about about just using one channel into the 810 and having enough power. If the mono bridge is really that dangerous to a cab then they wouldn't offer it right?

I know it's supposed to be 1200 watts and that I should be careful with that power but I think I'd be able to tell if it was on the verge of breaking something.

Anyway thanks for the help guys and sorry for posting an age old question, I just didn't really get the info I needed from a search.

2. Your speakon wiring is correct. I would install a speakon in your cab and NOT use the 1/4". Reason is if the plug partly "blows" out of the cab you will short both amp modules.
    You will have double the voltage swing into the 810 so by the time you start to "hear" complaints from the cab it will probably be too late. Just some thing to keep in mind.

3. Ah ok, yeah it's fitted for speakon already I had just seen a lot about it going to 1/4 inch. But if it's there then I should I use it. I guess that pretty much sums it up then. Speakon on both ends. Re-wire one end. Rock n roll.

Thank you sir.

4. Rock on......