Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more growl???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stanger503, Jul 22, 2004.

1. im thinking of getting and essex p bass. but would a change in pickups really change the growl factor?and if so what would be the growliest p pickup available, money isnt a factor for the pickup if that were to influence any ones oppinion.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    if you want growl, why not get an essex jazz bass?

3. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    +1
    My Essex Jazz with MEC pickups growls like a Rott.

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Where did you get your MEC pickups? Are they sold new anywhere, or did you get them used from someone?

5. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    got em used. I guess someone didn't like them in his Warwick, but I love the sound.
    You should pm anyone who talks about changing the pickups in their warwick to something else and see if they'll sell you the MECs.

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I'm going to agree with everyone else here. P basses really aren't know for their growl. You'll have a much easier time getting growl out of a jazz bass.

7. AaronWarren

AaronWarren

Sep 7, 2000
    Sunny SoCal
    right now I am selling the entire MEC setup off my Warwick streamer stage 2... If you are interested email me at AH@Hqalloys.com. It is brand new.

8. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Hmmm... I don't have any bass I could put them in right now, but I'll let you know if I think of something. :)

4-string or 5-string?