Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More Premiership Talk.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If I was Fulham's keeper, I'd kick my teammate's asses! They make stupid passes, they don't defend worth a crap, and they can't keep the ball out of their end of the pitch. He can only stop so many shots.

Oh, and Henry's the man! Too bad he plays for the Gunners.

MAN UTD, BOYEEEEEEE!

2. Thierry Henry's playing is poetry in motion. Beautiful.

3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Zat Knight has been dreadful. His mistakes have made other defenders look bad when trying to cover for him. That said, none of the other defenders will be making "First 11" anytime soon.

Tee-airy On-Ree is simply the most beautiful striker in the world. I'm comfortable enough with my manhood to say that....:ninja:

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    +1! That man should be with the Red Devils!!!!

5. I consider myself an Arsenal fan and still have trouble pronouncing his name.

It's absolutely killing me that I don't have Fox Soccer now....the only games I ever see are the once-in-a-blue-moon times when ESPN shows a champions league game.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I watched the game live on TV on Sunday - but he actually looked as if he might be carrying a slight injury...but I did love his skill and the spirit in which he played the game - talking and sharing jokes with opposition players, never complaining,never getting angry - just playing the game well and respecting everybody else - he's a great example for other players!! :)

The player who most impressed and surprised me at that game, though - was Eboue - the young defender from Ivory Coast - he was so much in the game - one second defending at right back , then bombing up the wing and in the penalty area before anybody had noticed - great speed, skill and calmness on the ball - a great player for the future!

7. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Excellent point Bruce, Henry is class in skill as well as attitude.

Very astute observation on Eboue. I would also say I have felt the same way about Kolo Toure in the past. He has played very well without the man mountain Viera in front of him and with youth all around him.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think Eboue is benefitting from playing regulary along side Toure, both for Arsenal and the Ivory Coast...:)

9. I'm not a Man U fan but I must say that Rooney scored two really pretty goals agains Spurs this weekend....

Jeff

10. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Excellent point, Rooney has been superb all season. He no longer disappears like he used to and seems less prone to temper tantrums that used to take him out of matches.

Rooney could very well be the most exciting player to watch at the World Cup. But only because Brazil has so much talent Ronaldinho will not be as critical to his team as Rooney is to his...

11. I read an article this morning where the author speculated that Rooney may have found a new partner in Saha now that Fergie has sat Van Nistlerooy for a few games.....

12. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I just can not imagine that switch will be permanent. I'm thinking Sir Alex is just featuring Saha to unload him. Man U has not gotten value for the exorbitant price they paid for him, unless their goal was to cripple Fulham.

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

I'm glad Saha is coming into his own, it still bothers me to see Ruud sitting. I heard that there some stomach issues, but I can't see him being a cheerleader for too long. Rooney could've had the hat trick, but missed a very strike. I still love the guy.

14. BoInG BoInG bAgGiEs!!!!!!!!!!

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Spurs bid £8M for Van Nistelroy yesterday.

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Rio speaks out on racism in football, and the English Parliament backs him. What the hell, man?! To me, the Spanish and the Italians seem to be the worst offenders.:mad: The Spanish fans can take those monkey chants and shove them up their mothers' a**es!

17. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Woodchuck - I agree with you and I feel exactly the same way. Its just embarassing to mr. Something you probably dont get coverage of is that "kick racism out of Football" is a HUGE thing in Europe right now, with all countries taking part. Those that care anyway.

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Just to make you really angry, the Spanish FA got fined the mighty sum of £7000 for those racist chants at the England game with Ashley Cole, Shaun Wright-Philips and Rio Ferdinand. That's about $15 000 USD :(

19. that's one of the reasons that I don't watch much football anymore.the behaviour of these "fans" is disgusting :scowl:

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll take Borussia Moenchengladbach over any of those lousy Premiership clubs. :D

I really don't have much idea what I am talking about. All I know is that my high school buddy Kasey Keller plays for BM.

-Mike