1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Morley Dual Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grunge_freak, Apr 15, 2014.

1. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Aug 3, 2010
    I just got one of these and I really like alot of things about it. It's built like a tank, easy to use, the regular wah is great for distortion and the funk wah is great for anything else. The only thing I don't like is the noticeable difference in tone after you finish "wah"-ing, there is a 2 second period before the wah disengages where your tone is effected. Also I notice that the tone, when being effected by the engaged wah but not actually being "wahed", doesn't lose any low end but on the contrary, actually loses a little bit of sharpness. Is there any way to remedy this? It's not a huge deal, but if it was to not happen, this would be the greatest bass wah I have used.

2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Sep 5, 2011
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If you open it you'll find a little pot-meter which allows you to set the switch-off delay! I have set mine to 0, so it switches off immediately

kirillio and Leiria like this.
  3. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Aug 3, 2010
    Oddly enough, I discovered that myself today online without looking here but thanks man! I did that too. but the only problem I have is that there is still a noticeable difference in tone. It's like the bass pauses for a split-second, then returns with uneffected tone. Maybe its just me being nit-picky, its really not a huge deal but it bothers me slightly for some reason. I feel like there should just be a seamless fade back into regular tone but other than that no complaints!

4. nlabat

nlabat

Jul 10, 2013
    Miami Beach FL
    Hi Guys I got an old Dual Bass and i cannot find a Trim Pot there .... do you know why ??

5. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Aug 3, 2010
    It should be a blue square that is standing up, with a white circle in the middle that you can turn with a small flathead screwdriver. It should be on the middle-left side of the pedal.

6. nlabat

nlabat

Jul 10, 2013
    Miami Beach FL
    mm I think mine its too old does not have it ...

7. this is my review/thoughts on the morley dual bass wah:
    i got to try a used dual bass morley wah yesterday. i was hard for me to use. when i slowly wahed i couldn't get a funky or thick tone no matter which mode i was in. but to be fare, i didn't mess with my amp settings to much. i will say if you're looking for a funky morley bass wah try out tm steven's model, but his model is like a funkier bass funk mode and his funk mode.

the morley didn't suck tone or not much, it's acceptable. i've try the 535q and the 105q and i easily got a funk sound and was easy for me to use. morley bass wah seems to work best when wahing quick or just stepping on it for solos/leads/filler.

the 535q and the bass morley both effect the lowend. between the two, i would choose 535q crybaby. 535q has like a rounder sound, bass morley cuts. i will own both pedals in the future. i didn't get to try any of the pedals with distortion.

btw, the 105q i good for rhythm, bass type stuff. the 2 i tried were used and suck tone, 1 of them was a older model. i suppose you can do lead type stuff, but i didn't gravitate towards that much.

105q is first on my list. i say, morley dual bass wah is good for cliff burton tones.