1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Most comfortable neck EVER?...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Claymore, Mar 12, 2020.

1. jnam

jnam

Jul 29, 2020
    As a proud new owner of a 2020 American Performer Jazz Bass, I reached out to Fender customer support regarding the Performer Series neck truss rods. The Fender cs rep was happy to confirm the American Performer Series necks DO include the Graphite rod. Why Fender chooses not to market the Graphite rod in the American Performer Series like they do in the American Professional Series is above me (my guess is to further entice you to spend more money on the Am. Pro, when in actuality both necks have the Graphite truss rod).

Bobo and John Stephen like this.
  2. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow, that is awesome to know. So basically the American Performer neck IS the American Standard neck. I just bought an American Performer Precision, and as much as I hate Precision necks, it actually felt great. This now makes even more sense!

Bobo and jnam like this.
  3. Clarification - support rods are Posiflex graphite, not the truss rod.

Bobo likes this.
  4. jnam

jnam

Jul 29, 2020
    Yes! Clarification appreciated, did not intend to mislead :)

Bobo likes this.
  5. KaraQ

KaraQ

Apr 19, 2020
    Sacramento, CA
    So far, it's definitely my Epiphone Thunderbird IV - just something about it, it just suits me so well :thumbsup:
    (to quote Cap: "on yer left" :roflmao: )
    20200529_234757.jpg

Spidey2112 and Bobo like this.
  6. Rdore2000

Rdore2000

Jul 21, 2008
    The Music Man Caprice, although the Cutlass is a close second. Can't beat a Music Man neck.

eadg98005 and Bobo like this.
  7. My wife's neck's pretty comfortable.

But, I'd have to go with my talman. Hands down. There's something magical in a flat faced baseball bat. Just that meat in your hands, but everything lining up perfectly as you move around. To me, its perfect.

Claymore, Bobo and Outbush like this.
  8. Rdore2000

Rdore2000

Jul 21, 2008
    Glad this wasn't a post about the most comfortable nut then.

Bobo, kjp360 and Spidey2112 like this.
  9. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    As much as I like to think I prefer satin finish, the feel of the Talman's glossy neck sure is comfortable.

Bobo likes this.
  10. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    Stingray. It's not too thin and not too chunky, the finish thanks to the gunstock oil and wax is like butter

Bobo and eadg98005 like this.
  11. Mine's raw with tung oil.

Bobo likes this.
  12. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Italy
    Yamaha's RBX is a very confortable Neck

Bobo and Claymore like this.
  13. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Another contender w/ a recent Allparts licensed Fender neck swap. Nitro and Tru Oil worn w/ rolled edges.
    IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg

PWRL, JeezyMcNuggles, Bobo and 2 others like this.
  14. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    The 2 best bass necks I've consistently played is Roscoe and Devon Basses. Every one has been perfection with fast slim necks and perfect fretwork.

Clecoguy and Afc70 like this.
  15. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    I’m a P-bass player, but I absolutely love this 1974 Jazz Bass neck.
    5C588AF3-87B7-4BC9-9C32-13EF48B62468.jpeg

Bobo likes this.
  16. SnowTau

SnowTau

Feb 16, 2009
    Australia
    My 4 string Sandberg VM2, from the moment I picked it up I knew it was perfect, and nothing I've played since has dethroned it. Every time I pick up a AUD$3,000+ bass and play it I feel even better about my decision to buy that bass because it's never better. So. Good.

Bobo likes this.
  17. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Italy
    Jazz bass neck is too tiny for me. Better also on Ibanez AFR more space and little bit consistant.

18. Bobo

Bobo

Apr 11, 2017
    CT
    ha!

19. ShawnG

ShawnG

May 2, 2020
    Ft Worth, TX
    I agree, the neck on my Traveler TB-4P is ridiculously good. That little bass punches way above its weight.
    My MIK MTD Kingston Heir-4 also has an awesome neck. Nothing to look at, but man, it plays great.

20. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I agree! It might be partly due to the 1.75" nut width where 1.625" would perhaps be expected. The ebonized fingerboard feels so good too and I have never had even a whisper of a fret issue. Fantastic bass.