Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mothman Rises from the Ashes....Again!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

2. I have noticed with casual interest the frequency of these Mothman threads throughout the history of TB.

I just have to ask: Are these all really the same bass? Is it possible there are more than one?

3. Register_To_Disable

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    One can only imagine the power the Mothman could wield if it were equipped with a pair of G&L MFD humbuckers.

VERILY, nothing made by man could contain it!

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It's the same Peavey cab. It's gotta be the same.

ALL HAIL THE MOTHMAN! THE MOTHMAN IS LIGHT!

6. Same cab? So is it the same seller trying to unload this bass over and over?

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Or the new owner/seller is recycling pics. :confused:

8. Quadzilla

It's the same seller. He's tried to sell her several times over the past few years. Once every 6 months or so, he will put her up for sale, only to take her off the market. I've corresponded with him before. He lives about 30 min from me. Seems like a nice guy.

9. RhinoBass

RhinoBass

Oct 21, 2009
    There can only be one...

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    That is the best bass for Metal.

Please add it to the sticky mods.

11. billiam5billion

billiam5billion Supporting Member

May 18, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Sweet Odin's Raven! Mothman returns! But where is Mothgirl?

12. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    In rehab?

13. Or perhaps The Mothman finally consumed her as a sacrificial virgin...or at least that's what she told him.

14. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    someone needs to get over there with a nice SLR and take some GOOD pics of this beast!

I hope it finds a new home - there should be enough ppl on TB with $550 to throw around.

15. Quadzilla

When he had for for sale a year or so ago, I contacted him and told him that I was gigging up near his area and offered to let him bring it up on stage and rock a tune or two with it while I took pics (or I would rock it for him if he wanted). He said that he was going to think about it, but never came to the gig.

16. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I'm so sick of seeing this thing listed, if it makes it to $300, I'm going to have to buy it.

17. rmkesler

rmkesler

May 6, 2009
    Winder, GA
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

18. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    If I had 550, I'd get it just to have the mothman mojo.......... and not too far from me either.....

19. I wouldn't dare play this...

Apparently Thor shred on it so hard his fingers bled, and to touch it would surely bring a curse..

20. Quadzilla

huh?

21. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    If we can him to 300, you, me, and Fred can kick in 100 each and take turns basking in its evil presence. I will whip this thing out on the Maryland Wine Festival stage this summer and watch people cower at its majesty!!!:bassist: