Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mp3 player goodness

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Murf, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hey dudes/dudettes
    So I recently got myself an mp3 player (phillips hdd065....hey it was cheap) and really liked it apart from the seriously crappy software which came with it ..MusicMatch Jukebox..P.O.S.

At the end of the day I just want to put my cds /mp3s into my player I DONT want to have the software hog all my system resources while it "dials" out to find music I "might" be interested in plus give me ads for its other services and have an interface which requires a math degree to navigate :mad:

Then I stumbled upon this little piece of genius software.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/sveta-portable-audio.htm

this baby is the business, integrates with most of to-days popular mp3 players (and if it dosent, post a request on the forums and they'll do a driver for your device) dosent hog resources and is really easy to use.

check it out, seriously impressed the hell out of me.

(PS I am not in any way affiliated with this site..after weeks of frustration with my "official" mp3 software this baby was a breath of fresh air...kinda like discovering Firefox for the first time ;) )

2. Were you just trying to find software that'll rip your CDs to mp3s?