Mp3s of Popular Digital 8 Tracks

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Corbis, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I'm thinking about buying either the Fostex MR-8 or the Boss-Br8
    and I was wondering if anybody could post some sound clips with an entire band playing (with vocals) and say how many tracks you used and how you miced the drums. Feel free to post anyother Digital Recorders in about the same price range.

P.S. I couldn't find a topic like this but if there is one tell me and I'll delete this post.
  2. If you post this question on the bbs (ask about mr8 in the fostex forum, br8 in the roland/boss forum) you should get some replies.
  3. dumeril7

Oct 21, 2002
    Austin, TX
    There are some songs here that I recorded on a BR-8 as well:

In particular, check out "Change Your Mind", "Big Opportunity", "Just Like You" and "Whipping Post".

These were all done on a BR-8.

Its capable of very respectable recordings and its built-in effects are pretty darn good if you go in and tweak them.

However, nowadays I would recommend getting something more up to date, like, say, a BR-1180. The Zip media with the BR-8 is a bit of a drag, although it does have a couple advantages. Plus having a built-in CD burner is very handy.