Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Gigbag question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5bassman, Aug 25, 2005.

1. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    I'm thing I may want an MTD gigbag for my new 535. Does anyone know how thick and well padded they are. I have a couple of Warwick Rockcase bags and they are about an inch thick. Thanks ahead of time.

2. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    They are very well made I just picked one up from The Bass Exchange, thick padding inside with solid Zippers.... as well the straps on the back are very comfortable ... only thing is that its too narrow for some basses, for example my RIC fits but its a very tight fit. Of course if you are using it for a 535 there should be no problem :)

- Tom

3. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Thanks Tom. Now to find one. Bass exchange wants $37 for shipping to Georgia. A little high in my opinion.

4. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Its a bit expensive, Im in NY and I actually paid that! (I also orderd a couple other items) I guess I was just curious about it as well as wanting a nice gigbag, no one else had them it seemed. You can probably find similar quality bags on musicians friend or somewhere like that.
    - Tom

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Mtd used to use Undercover bags. These are about as
    good as it gets. Call MTD and see who's making the bags
    now. Then you can shop around. I've always found the
    Bass Exchange to be the highest priced store around. Nice
    guys, but very high priced.

6. Suprisingly enough, I am suggesting Guitar Center :ninja: haha. I don't quite remember the exact brand, but they started carrying this gig bag that is quite nice. It has some sort of hard material in the back to give it more support and protection, and padded foam blocks that go on each side of the neck of your bass. I was quite impressed with the protection that it would give.

It also had a detachable messenger bag on the front of it. Not that that really matters, but I thought it was a kinda cool feature.

7. The bags are amazingly well padded

The red ones even have this weird solid bottom shell, the zipper doesn't go down to the bottom so if a zipper breaks (which it won't) the bass won't fall out (which it won't)