1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Multi-pedal setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by txthrashking, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Ok I'm having a problem with setting up multiple pedals. When I have one pedal running through the amp I get that pedals full effect but when I plug in two the effects of both pedals are not there. How can I obtain all the pedals to give that full effect?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    What pedals? What kind of settings?

John

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, what are we talking about?

4. If you are talking about the effects in your profile I could totally see the Steel Leather and Bass Wah having cancelling effects, like the wah cutting the frequencies that the Steel leather accentuates (and vice versa) or the two combining to make such a narrow filter that there is almost no content left for your ears to grab hold of.

5. So it would be just those pedals? Cuz I am about to get a boss odb-3 and was wondering if it would be the same issue.

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I would think the ODB would play nicely with a wah. You may want to try them in different orders to see what you like best.

7. Yup, I'd expect the ODB-3 to work with both of those.

8. Durden26

Durden26

Mar 19, 2012
    H-town, Texas
    Yes, I ran an ODB-3 into a crybaby 105q without any issues. Got a nice thick sound.

9. I wanna use a boss odb-3, digitech bass driver and Ehx steel leather. Would this work well?

10. At some point you just gotta put them together and try them out. I would expect those three to work together OK, but there are a lot of different configurations with those pedals. Some of them may work great and some of them may work terribly. In fact a single tone from those may sound like tortured joy raining down from heaven to you and sloth flatulence to someone else. The more you add the harder it gets to be able to say.

I wouldn't have expected the Steel Leather and Wah to completely cancel each other out, but that is what you experienced and those pedals are both filters, so I could see it happening. Sometimes pedals just don't play nice with each other.