Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multi-track Recording.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by flea_slap_god, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Hey,
    I have the behringer ddx3216 and i want to start using it record.

If i buy the TDF1616 interface for my mixer, will it work with the sekd prodif t 2496 soundcard

Will all this work together with the correct recording program to have multiple tracks recording at the same time nad able to adjust volumes afterwards if needed?

And does anybody know of a UK dealer of this sound card.

Thanks

Jake.

2. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    You got it right there. It should work as you described in your post. In your recording software you should be able to see these imputs as TDIF 1-16 and record each on it's own track.

3. well, i have cubase sx on my computer, am i best using that or purchasing adobe audition/cool edit pro.

Jake.

4. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Cubase SX for what you are trying to do. Onece you fave it all hooked up you should see 16 imputs in your VST imputs menu as something like TDIF1 - TDIF16. You then pick what imput you wont to feed which audio track in SX and of you go...

5. ok, thanks.

Im still trying to find a uk dealer of that sound card though which mite prove to be a problem.

-Jake.

6. I'd definitely use Cubase SX over Cool Edit/Audition. As you get better at recording you will find yourself outgrowing Cool Edit a lot faster than you will if you just start with a pro program like Cubase to begin with.

7. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    You could always scrap the TDIF idea and use ADAT, you can get the Behr. ADT1616 card for your mixer and buy one of these soundcards ( http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/d2/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=2303 ). You would still get 16 chanels of digital audio going in and out of your computer and ADAT soundcards are much easier to find!:D