Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR M-80 Switch Broken

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sonic_Death, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Hey, I was wondering if anyone had this pedal or knew how the switches on it worked. The effect switch on the pedal stopped clicking, so I opened up the back to take a look. Apparently the spring had come loose on it, I am unsure of how this happened but can't even seem to fix it.

Does anyone know how these switches operate to help me? There is a spring as well as a needled which seems to get depressed by something covering the switch.

Thanks for any help!

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Stewart MacDonald has replacement switches like the ones on the MXR-M80 for about $18 less shipping.

Other than stepping on them to activate/deactivate, I'm affraid I'm of little help. :( I have this pedal, but no problems so far.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Did you buy new? Is it under warranty? If it IS under warranty and you fix it, it's out the window. If you bought it used, unless you know your way around with a soldering iron, take it to a tech for repair, or MXR will fix it for a minimum of $50.

4. Thanks to all that replied, I seem to know what to do to fix it now.

Just took a little while of fiddling around with the spring and stuff, always good to learn that kind of stuff. It was a bit nerve racking but fun too haha. If anyone else discovers this problem atleast I'll be of assistance to them now