my arms - DAMN

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by the Qintar, Jan 3, 2005.

1. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    most of you chicks know ive been hitting the iron REAL hard lately, the past few months, going to lots of different gyms and what not.

well, ive been doing a whole lot of bicep curls and benching, and this morning before work i was standing in front of my "full body mirror" and flexing, and i noticed that there was something wrong in the reflection. at first i thought the mirror was flawed, causing a warp effect on my lower body. but to my horror i realized that the mirror was indeed telling no lie.

after all the curls and benching, my upper body is now stacked on top of two spindley legs. i spent so much time on my upper body that my lower body was neglected - ive got the upper body of a light heavyweight, and the lower body of a flyweight....its very disturbing to the eye. i measured my arms, and then my leg, and compared.

bicep = 15 inches
    leg= 13 inches

i put a pair of sneakers on with a pair of shorts and it looked like two hairy broomsticks popping out of sneakers. when sitting, my legs dangle to the floor like dead tree branches. incredible.

anyway i tried squatting 130lbs and my legs gave out, i max bench 270lbs, im now doing 3 sets of squats with 70lbs total to get my leg program rolling.

regards, "wild eagle"
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    Yeah. Guys dig chicks with large... uhh... "upper bodies". :ninja:
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm afraid we need pictures to help in this instance. Please wear clothes though.
  5. +1

and I bet I have skinnier legs than you.
  6. I was the opposite for so long. Now I work out a lot at home, bicep tricep and shoulders, mostly, with situps and pushups thrown in for good measure. I always had pretty good legs due to hockey and various other sports I played as a kid. But my arms were always really bad, and injured due to skateboarding. Now, I've been slowly building them up. However, I hope it doesn't get to the point where I lose the balance I'm trying to accomplish. I need to join my school's gym when my next semester starts... I'm taking care of the weak points, but they wont be weak for long.
  7. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    ...and for this reason alone, I can not take you seriously.
  8. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like the opposite of those hardcore bicyclists... they have rail-thin bodies, except their legs look like those of a horse.
  9. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA

With the exception of their triceps, which are firggin' huge.
  10. Hey, wasn't this the guy who posted about beating up a karate sensei or something?

It doth cause me to wax merry. And no, that does NOT mean that I know Billy Boyd.

Rock on
  11. I vote the Qintar for man of the year
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Typical poser in the gym. They only work out their arms and shoulders. I am sure you'll pick up some skanky bimbo with your "boa constrictor" arms.

13. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    god bless you eric cameron.

regards, "wild eagle"
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    the Qintar,

Careful with not working your legs, man. I knew a guy who used to go to my gym who did the same thing and one day when he was playing basketball he made a sudden stop and his legs literally snapped in two from the weight of his torso. Before that happened I once asked him why he never works out his legs and he told me that it's the look he was going for...strange.

brad cook
  15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    People who look like that usually take steroids, haha. You have to work your leg's man, it is just as important as your upper body.
  16. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Work on your legs bro, you use them every day for just about everything.
  17. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I'm thinking the Qintar needs to be the one interviewed for the next TB Newsletter.
  18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

One word wrong there - replace man with troll and I'm with you all the way!! ;)
  19. Hey the Qintar,

I know the problems of which you speak- if in a strangely reverse fashion. Because of the manner in which I walk, and my penchance for running stairs and bicycling, all the squats that I have done are for naught. For I am plagued with "Popeye" calves. My calves are approximately the same size as my thighs- which, of course, are massive.

My forearms are also disproportionately large compared to my biceps. But that's from eating lots of spinach and masturbation.
  20. Just so it can be a 'the Qintar' thread-

It's been said- the universe is right and balanced.