1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aron86, Apr 12, 2006.

1. aron86

aron86

Mar 14, 2006
    just got my avatar 410neo. well to make a long story short i got my cab on a monday than about a week and a half later i got my amp which is a kustom groove 1200 head after haggaling with music123.com (never going to deal with them again). so basically i had a brand new cab sit in my room for a week and i didn't even get to play it but i guess i should have planned ahead.anyways the 410neo sounds really good especially with all the power the kustom is putting out. anyone even thinking about buying an avatar cab should just get one. no regrets.

2. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    I own a kustom 1200 and just bought a 212 avatar. How are the lows with the kustom? Hi Fi tone or more of a vintage sound?

3. The spec.'s on tha NEO 10's that Avatar has specially made for them look really good. How does it do when you really turn it up?

4. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    jpark - which 2x12 did you get delta or neo - I want to add an avatar 2x12 to my hartke 4x10.

5. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    I got the delta. Go it second hand off a fellow tb'er. Should be here today.

6. arjosy

arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    I've had the Delta B210 for over two years. Solid as a rock and what a bargain. Best of luck with yours.

7. The Delta seems to do better on the B212 than the Neo.
    The 2 x 10 and 4 x 10 Neo from Avatar are awesome. They have extended cone travel XMAX 5.9mm. The 12's do not have this extended travel.

8. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Beside the hartke 4x10 I have a 2x10 Delta that I got about 3 yrs ago. It's a 8 ohm cab that I use for rehersals. I'm going to put a 4ohm 2x12 Delta under the 4ohm hartke 4x10 and run at 2ohms. I don't usually get PA support.

9. aron86

aron86

Mar 14, 2006
    "The spec.'s on tha NEO 10's that Avatar has specially made for them look really good. How does it do when you really turn it up?"

unforunatly i haven't been able to turn it up because it is still in my house and when i turned it up marginally it started shaking things off my entertainment center and the walls so i have to wait until i get into my bands rehershal space. also somebody asked if the kustom head has good lows and it does.

10. Now thats cool, I know what you mean.
    I played the Kustom 1200 through an Ampeg cab in a local music store. I rememeber some guitarist was showing off on a strat. When I hit the open E, there was silence. The guitarist gave me a strange look, I just laughed..

Good luck with the amp, I always liked Kustom, real old school company that kept a low profile and is once again surprising us wiith awesome new gear.

11. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV

With just the 212 hooked up (4 ohm btw) the kustom makes it really rough on our dropped ceiling tile at our rehearsal place. :cool:

12. seakamp

seakamp Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Hope that means you like it :bassist:

13. Sounds like you hit a good combination there. Please let us know how it does in a live situation.
    :bassist: