Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band - Anyone dig Jazz/Metal?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Dec 11, 2005.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hey TB, what's the happs?!

My band has recently recorded a little something-something to assist us in various endeavours, and I've noticed that there's a few folks hereabouts who are interested in the particular type of style that we do. So, if you want to hear some "Jazzcore" (or whatever the hell music journos are calling this stuff) head over to our newly-furnished spot on myspace.com right here.

Hopefully it should be streaming nicely by now, so have a listen and I hope you enjoy. Prizes for anyone who spots the bar of 17/16, too :D

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    All fans of Ephel Duath, The Mass, Sau, etc. will dig you guys. I know I do.

Sorry I missed this. Very good stuff, I'll try to purchase a copy when funds allow.

Peace,
    Adam

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very good job Tones!

I like your emope song better though.*

*I'm joking.

4. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Cool stuff. Liked how you didn't pull a Candiria and block out individual jazz and hardcore sections, i.e. the self pleasure approach. You took both and actually made music out of it, props!

...ack!!! One more thing, you guys sound like an urban version of Cynic more and more each time I listen to it. :bassist:

5. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Thanks for having a listen and commenting guys, I didn't think anyone was interested and was a wee bit disappointed. Blisshead, I initially took your comment seriously and coma'd for a sec there :D abark your support is very much appreciated, it's just a pity we have nothing released properly yet! I'll letcha know, though.
    If you're digging it all I can fill in some gaps we're too lazy too on the myspace thingo.

- E.P is in the works... 6 tracks or thereabouts. It'll take months and months so no-one is holding their breath. We'll be posting two more songs intermittently on the site when they get done.

- I'm currently hassling Davide Tiso (mainman of Ephel Duath) into coming down to Australia to headline a show with us. The language barrier is making this pretty hard, though. If it ever happens, we'll record the whole thing and post it up.

Having only ever heard maybe one song from Cynic - which I found to be quite irritating - I must assume this is a bad thing. Bugger!

6. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    I'm not a huge fan of the vocal style, but I still liked it! I thought the vocals were a bit loud in comparison to the other instruments, but that could be because I'm not a huge fan of the vocal style (oops, I already said that)

7. That was some cool music. Not sure if I liked the lyrics but everything else hit the spot.

8. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

...minus the FM synthesis and weird synth voices if that does anything. I speak merely on concept of intertwining the jazz and metal.

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Ah, the beauty of seemingly contrived lyrics. I agree; if I didn't know what we were on about I'd think they sucked too. Stabbing people in the back? How cliche... :D

Tired_Thumb, hopefully you'll forget all about Cynic when we finish up the next tune to be uploaded. It features a Psytrance moment the likes of which nobody will find appealing!

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    OH EM GEE! BE MY FRIEND!!

(I'm digging it, it's a nice HYBRID of forms. True Jazz fusion ;)

11. Listening as I type, and so far- I DIG IT! Your fretless is killlllller! :bassist:

Good progressions too. I'm liking this. Adding you... :smug:

12. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Cheers bro! You know, I always feel a bit awkward when someone comments on my playing (which is not often, I might add...) because nowadays I sort of feel like a songwriter first, bassist second. I guess ya just don't wanna be playing too much crazy stuff when you're screaming your head off and playing in a time sig completely unrelated to everybody else's :eek:

Add us, for sure. Can always do with more cool folk on the humble Errata 'space :)

13. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hello again!

Sorry to bump up this thing again, but we've just stuffed around with this tune and fixed a few things that bothered us (the outro is now a completely different animal and makes the song about a minute longer) - so if you'd be so kind as to have a listen and share your thoughts on it with me, we'd be ever so stoked. :hyper:

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Still sounds good to me.