1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Band's First You Tube Video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 98dvl, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    I think this was after our 1 month mark together playing... Give or take a week.

Any comments are appreciated... Keep in mind, it's not the greatest recording. (Also, I'm hiding from the camera!).

Also, we realized our vocalist was struggling, we're now playing a half step de-tuned, and it sounds better.

Just want to see what other people think...

BTW, the song is Cypress Grove by Clutch... We still don't have a name yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RPwkSRmme_A

2. Sounds pretty tight considering you aint been together long :)

3. fender

fender

Aug 27, 2007
    up!

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Pretty awesome, i'm just stoked you're covering a Clutch song. Yeah, it is a little out of your vocalists range, but downtuned, should sound good. He sounds like in a good mix, he's a good singer.

Cool stuff.

5. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA

We plan on doing more Clutch... They're probably one of the most under-rated bands out there.

I love their newer stuff, the really older stuff... not as much.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ah, I'm quite the opposite sir, I love the self titled possibly the best, then probably jam room a close second... after that might be Robot Hive Exodus, I do like the new stuff as well, I suppose. A lot of people don't like Neal Fallon's early vocal approach. I tried singing along to the self titled in my car on the way home from my last day on a job, after 30 seconds, I hacked/coughed/wheezed for about 5 minutes straight. Haha.