1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My DIY Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GMC, Jan 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tubedude

tubedude Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Ga
    No liquids on the electronics.

2. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

New knobs on my Aftershock and C4, still waiting for the blue versions for my Lunar to arrive:

2020-12-24 - PedalBoard-3.jpg
    2020-12-24 - PedalBoard-2.jpg
    2020-12-24 - PedalBoard-1.jpg
    2020-12-24 - PedalBoard-4.jpg
    I've bought some more power cables. A pair of 2 into 1 Y splitters and, new 5 gang angled daisy chain set (angled) and a cable extension. Now that the Mobius is gone, I have some more spare power available. So I've put the SA EQ2, Lunar and Hub on the Mobius' old power port. That now leaves my Boss ES-5, Aftershock and C4 on a single port. Reducing the power draw on that port too. I've eradicated a slight mains hum with the newer cables and better routing...not bad for an hour's work.
    Next month, I'll be drilling and fitting some stereo jacks for my bass input, pair of output sockets and expression pedal jack. I bought a bag of 10 stereo jacks, the stereo-ness is only really needed for the expression pedal jack.

3. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

Here's my Source Audio Lunar with some blue knobs on. 2020-12-28 - PedalBoard-1.jpg 2020-12-28 - PedalBoard-2.jpg

4. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

I've had a re-org of the loops on my ES-5 so that I can fit in my new Source Audio UltraWave Beta onto my board without too many hassles. It's en-route from the USA and it'll arrive at some time when the Covid pixies are happy. In the mean time, I've moved my Source Audio Lunar / modulation pedal out of loop 5. It's now placed as the first pedal in my post ES-5 output chain. So now my out put chain looks like OUT > SA Lunar > EQ2 > H9 (ambience). I've wired so that the Lunar is Mono in but stereo out. So everything on my output is now stereo. It's the first time I've wired modulation in a pure stereo context. It also means that If I want to dial in some modulation at any point I can turn on the Lunar and / or choose any of the 6 patches. I've also gone through my Neuro Hub scenes and switch off the Lunar to bypass as it's default state. I've then gone through all my ES-5 patches and changed the commands where I would engage loop 5 (modulation) for a Midi CC signal that turns on / engages the Lunar.
    So when my SA Ultrawave arrives, It'll be slotted into Loop 5 and I'll use the ES-5's loop moving ability to move it about as I need it. I suspect that this pedal might need a bit of order swapping.
    I'm also looking at getting a further Strymon Ojai PSU hub so that I can get the all of my Source Audio eco-system on dedicated PSU feeds. I'm also thinking of putting the SA EQ2's power feed in a separate switch so I can easily reboot it as required. When the EQ2 has Midi din cables attached it becomes a bit sensitive to the Strymon's soft start power up.

AlvarHanso likes this.
  5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    DrMole, AlvarHanso and GMC like this.
  6. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

2021-02-23-3.jpg Latest update. The new Strymon Ojai Expansion box has arrived and it's now in. Cables are a bit of a mess...I'll sort that all out laters. So now every digital box on my board has a dedicated 500ma PSU feed. My Source Audio Ultrawave Beta arrived earlier this morning and I spend a wee while plumbing it in. A set of blue knobs are on order from Amazon for it! Lol! I've plugged it into my Neuro Hub and assigned it Midi Ch #10...wow...10 midi devices now. Only one last analogue pedal on my board left. I've placed it in the spot where my EBS MultiComp lived (going on ebay next week) but wired it into loop 5 on my ES-5. I wanted this pedal in it's own loop so I can move it about on the board a bit. The Ultrawave has a few very useful additional features. It's got a very sweet sounding multiband tremolo and an awesome compressor. Plus there's the 8 band EQ...all of which can be accessed via Midi. It's a pretty mind blowing versatile pedal. I can see a vast array of weird synth dirt, normal dirt, compression and tremolo patches. I've already dialled in a very nice overdrive, If I can dial in some nice Muff and Rat tones...I might even flip my Aftershock.
    2021-02-23-1.jpg

Not quite so neat under the hood at the moment....I think I need to spend some time here and bring it all to order...
    2021-02-23-5.jpg
    Weirdly, it's operating very well. No ground loops or hum, the lid closes cleanly and securely...everything is working as it should...just a bit of a mess though!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:06 AM
    Mr. voodoobass and AlvarHanso like this.
  7. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

4 new shiny blue knobs are in...thank you Amazon Prime and on my Ultrawave...looking pretty sic:
    2021-02-24-1.jpg
    2021-02-24-2.jpg
    2021-02-24-3.jpg

DrMole likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021