1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first single cut 5 string Arrived....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alienation, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Alienation

Alienation

Jul 29, 2008
    Midsouth
    I thought I would try and share my first singlecut 5 string with the forum.

It's a Jean-Pierre Mutti SCSN5 from Luthiers Access Group and I'm lovin' it.

I don't have pictures yet but you can see it at the link:

http://www.luthiersaccessgroup.com/jpmutti.html

It has an ash body with bubinga top 5 string single cut. It has Bartolini Jazz p/u's and it sounds wonderful. It's easy on the eye's too with the birdseye fretboard and nice inlays.

The pictures at the site don't do it complete justice either. A very unique bass to say the least.

I've been playing it since it arrived and it does not fail to please every time.

I run it through a MarkBass Jeff Berlin 1X15 combo and it just sings.

I have to commend Dan at LAG for the assistance with my questions and requests for pictures before taking the plunge. A great guy to talk to and deal with who enjoys fine bass guitars. Highly recommended for getting yourself a sweet bass.

2. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Nice looking bass man! Congrats.

I play J basses partly because of the knob placement... I like to have space so I can palm mute, etc. But yours looks kinda far, it seems like it'll hard to make quick adjustment if you need to.

Nonetheless a great bass!

3. q1014

q1014

Aug 17, 2007
    Wha are the controls??? V/B/bass/treble

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I love the control cover... Neat idea..

And that neck DROOLLLLLL....

5. scarekrow