1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first time with LaBella flats.....sucked

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Clearwave, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    The 1st time I've spend $40 on strings in 25 years and the 1st broken string in 25 years.

it never made it up to pitch.

Attached Files:

2. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    Doh!

I'm sure they'll replace it for ya.

3. Be sure to contact LaBella. Companies are usually more than willing to replace them and often with a whole set.

4. Konigstiger22

Konigstiger22

Mar 22, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    I hope you got the string thru the body set...

5. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    I did not. To be honest, I bought these at a store and I didn't know string thru was an option. I got home and looked them up on the web. I assumed string thru was just a longer string. These strings seemed to fit on my P bass, the silk was above the nut.

Does neck thru mean they can take the angle at the bridge without breaking?

6. Konigstiger22

Konigstiger22

Mar 22, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    Yep.
    I would email Labella with what happened and I'm sure they will get you what you need.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I've had this happen and they always replaced it.

8. jcalo

jcalo

Jan 28, 2008
    I just broke the G-string from a Labella set when I put a new set on just two weeks ago. I contacted the local music store where I purchased the set and they were able to contact Labella who sent me a replacement string free of charge. I was hoping for a full set,but I cant' look a gift horse in the mouth.

9. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Thanks guys! they are sending me a new string.

It sucked that it broke but they seem to be a cool company. Very quick response.

10. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    You should have purchased La Bella Flats made specifically for Thru-Body instruments.

Generally people who sell those strings have a disclaimer that they should not be strung thru-body.

Did you let La Bella know about this so they are sending you a Thru-Body specific string? If not you are going to have the same problem.

Some specialty resellers have Thru-Body La Bella string sets available...

11. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    One of the reasons I don't like through body stringing.

I agree that you are going to have the same problem again -- if not when you initially string up, eventually and likely sooner rather than later. Btw, doesn't it specifically say on the packaging not to string those flats through the body?

12. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Nope.

I think I should stay a rounds guy.

13. :D

14. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Looking at the packaging after this thread... I have some inner sleves that say to not let the metal winding wrap around the tuning post, but does not say anything about thru-body....

The problem is, they do work on "SOME" thru-body instruments, but do NOT on MOST...

15. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    What gauge/set were they, CW?

And yes, you do need the thru-body set.