My joints feel...sludgy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HG1180, Apr 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. After a quick practice session the joints in my right hand feel very slow and sludgy when i try to move them. Does anyone else experience this? Is this a bad sign for an underlying problem? A google search yielded no results.
    Please help!

2. Mike JV

Mike JV

Mar 19, 2019
    Without knowing your age or of any physical issues you may have, do you do any hand exercises before you pick up your bass? I've found that in itself really helps me a lot. Another suggestion is to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.

HG1180 likes this.
  3. Lets just say I’m younger than 25 and i do have some bone and and cartilage disorders. And no i dont have any hand exercises. Ive never had any issues like this before, so i had no reason ro have any exercises, are there any that you reccomend?

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Try drinking more water.

5. Lagado

Lagado Inactive

Jan 6, 2020
    Turn the amp up a bit more and play lighter. You'll have to pay more attention to muting but you'll retain more energy and put your fingers under less stress.

6. heatheroo1

heatheroo1

Dec 14, 2009
    Ephrata, PA
    try rolling them tighter and storing in a low humidity environment. maybe try smoking left handed......

HG1180 likes this.
  7. :roflmao: I wish i had some J’s right now!

heatheroo1 likes this.
  8. Lagado

Lagado Inactive

Jan 6, 2020
    Exactly. That's why you're all tensed up. A little trip aboard the Marrakesh Express is in order.

heatheroo1 likes this.
  9. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Ask your doc? Without knowing what your medical issues are, we are shooting in the dark.

HG1180 likes this.
  10. Well, honestly I dont even know whats wrong with me, the doc says theyre not sure either, so Im shooting in the dark with you.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022