1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My lucky break?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by heyitsamike, Jun 27, 2012.

1. heyitsamike

heyitsamike

Aug 9, 2011
    So here's a story for y'all! So i was at guitar center

dont kill me :bag:

and i was trying out a sweet fender american standard jazz (totally buying) with a peavey tour tnt 115 (also buying) and one of the guys was chilling around the bass section and comes up to me. He asks me my age and i tell him my age. He says he knows a drummer aroun d my age who is looking for a bassist and gave me the drummer's number to give her a call. So i gave this girl a call and it seems pretty legit. She says she has a few upcoming gigs lined up provided she has the bassist (which may soon be me :hyper:) she is also in the process of getting a local music store to sponsor her band. So maybe i might be in a pretty legit band. Or even better. She might become famous and i could be all like "yah i COULDVE been in that band" :p

2. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Get that audition and good luck!

3. Auguste

Auguste

Apr 5, 2012
    Good luck and have fun!

4. Good on you!

"Successful bass playing is all about the timing"

slawie

5. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    good luck. hope it works out the way you hope.

6. Sorry, no pic, no chick drummer. Rulz is rulz.

Good luck with the get together. That's pretty much how I got into my first band.

7. Maybe this is her?

drummer_girl.

Popped up in one of those fake chat ads.

8. Esperando Spalding? She plays bass, not drums as far as I know.

9. To the OP, good luck!!

10. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Good luck! Anything could happen....

anything...

11. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    +1 TB golden rule!

12. HAHAHAH!

13. pmchenry

pmchenry

May 6, 2012
    SE PA
    Hanging around the different sections of guitar center to pounce on unsuspecting customers and make them my future band mates... this never even occurred to me. It's brilliant!

14. Right... Hey this dude can play!

Wanna be in my band?

Good luck... Dream big my friend dream BIG