Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Morning Jacket

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lawndart, Jul 6, 2004.

1. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I was watching MTV2 the other night (late so there were good videos playing). And there was a video for this band. I HAD to go out the next day to buy it. Very rarely do I do this. It has this old 70's kinda vibe to it. Any one else see or hear them. Looks like they just played Bonaroo last month.

2. I saw them on the Conan O'Brien show a while back. They kicked some serious butt. How's the album?

3. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    The album rocks! Singer's got an awsome voice and the bassist and drummer lock perfectly.... In the video he looks like hes playing a Lakland Duck Dunn model. They look like a bunch of hippies but lemme tell ya, they kick ass!

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Which record did you pick up? I'm guessing "It Still Moves", rather than the "Chocolate and Ice EP". IMO, It Still Moves is by far the better of the two. The song you saw/heard was probably One Big Holiday. I didn't know there was a video out for that...I'll have to look into it. There's some commercial using one of thier songs now, too. Just can't think of the name. I saw them last year when they were just kicking off thier major tour to support It Still Moves. AWESOME live band. The record is a bit subdued sometimes, but they ROCK in person!

5. I heard them for the first time last night and looked them up online. It said that they had massive success with their first album.But ive never heard of them till now, did i miss something??? But anyway that "one big holiday" song is cool, and the solo reminds me of freebird.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I bought their recent live EP "Acoustic Citsuoca" :confused: because it was on sale cheap. I have only spun it a few times but nothing really grabbed me. I was surprised because I read a glowing article about them that made me curious.

7. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    ahh the cd is in my car and im too lazy to get it plus it just started pouring out. I know its the one with the bear standing on his back legs. And its track #5 on there that got me hooked. They have a video out for it. It starts off with a red background and two Chinese shadow puppets. Then you see their sillouets (sp?) rocking out.