1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my new band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rhombass, May 2, 2010.

1. just cut our first demo :bassist:
    let me know what you think.
    http://www.myspace.com/nftugband

*EDIT* i should probably tell you that we're kind of a punk-ish sound. i'm still trying to figure out what genre to lump us in.

2. anybody?

3. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Im listening right now, there will be blood has one nice bass line.

4. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    imo...not my thing.....im not a fan of the screaming...ur singer sounds like jack white a little bit which isnt a bad thing but mixed with the screaming its a little OD. also the recordings could be cleaner but keep at it!

5. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    this is about adube810's comment. Since its your first demo you guys will soon enough find your style, if you look at bands you notice how there sound changes as they mature. definetly keep at it because theres definitely something there.

6. yeah, it's our first demo and we're still trying to find our sound. one thing i'm really trying to do is flesh out the whole sound with effects on bass. i want to be experimental and i want to be different, even though i feel like very little is original anymore. i usually play pretty busy basslines, but i'm making sure to take time to play the roots sometimes to bring back the tightness and the groove. i know the sound isn't for everyone but i appreciate your feedback. i'm just trying to figure out what people think of the sound and constructive criticism is appreciated.
    thank you :)

7. to the top. anybody else have any thoughts?

8. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    sounds pretty good for your 1st demo, your singer has gotta little Zack de la Rocha thing going on...

9. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    Sorry man, I love your tone and playing, and your guitarist is really talented too, but that kind of music just makes me cringe. I'm just not that much into experimental music, it's all over the place and there's nothing you can really hold onto as a listener - but I bet any fan of experimental music would disagree with me there =P And yeah, by the way, "There Will Be Blood", man that's some grade A bassplaying right there!

10. Sam Hain

Sam Hain

May 30, 2010
    The production is off a bit but all in all I liked it. Definately punk-ish..LOL

11. i've heard worse...

12. thanks for the feedback everyone, we're writing some new material now and will hopefully be back in the studio in august or september. i'll try to keep everything that's been said in mind and i'll let you all know when the new demo is out. the sound is changing a bit IMO, hopefully it's something a bit more "listener friendly" =]