1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new custom handmade bass... Biarnel Iter 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ItalianMetal, May 13, 2010.

1. ItalianMetal

ItalianMetal

Dec 11, 2008
    Rome - Italy
    Hi men, I want to show you my new baby... 4 months to see it finished but now I'm very proud of what I have in my hands! I think that even American bass players have to known the bass-builder who have realized my bass... he's Emiliano "Biarnel" Nencioni, a very very good luthier from Tuscany, Italy. You can see his works here:
    http://www.biarnel.com/
    There also 2 Thread on Talkbass about his EUB called "Stico"
    Well, mine is a custom handmade bass, 5 strings, alder body, tiger-striped maple top, 5 pieces neck maple-wengè-bubinga-wengè-maple, birdseye maple fingerboard, 22 frets. Pickups are a couple of active "3e2 LowZ" handmade by Biarnel, active 3-way electronics. It sounds wonderfully, great attack, great punch, very loud of low frequencies but always well defined. Low B works very well, much better than on my Fender precision deluxe 5 strings made in Usa. Hipshot bridge, hipshot ultralite tuners. Weight? I'm not joking... 3,1 Kg, 6,8lb!!!!! It's been possible thanks to specials "holes" inside the body, just like in Sadowsky instruments. So... here is a gallery of my bass:
    http://www.biarnel.com/liuteria/iter/iter12.html
    let'see it and tell me what do you think about :)
    Paolo
    P.s.: sorry for my bad English... I don't speak English from 10 years :)

2. Really nice, can't go wrong with black and maple!

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Very beautiful bass, kinda MTD looking, the black and maple is incredibe.

4. ItalianMetal

ItalianMetal

Dec 11, 2008
    Rome - Italy
    black and maple rules :) I love this chromatic contrast

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks smooth!

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Borat-VeryNice.

7. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    that is a thing of beauty, but I must say I'm also interested in those EUB's he has up on his site :)

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Classy! It does look like an MTD.

9. Sweet bass.

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    TB is full of awesome new basses today, with this being the best looking one!

Wow, congrats! Dont worry about your English, it was easily understandable!

11. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Black flame + Birdseye Maple = sexy.

Why didn't he use a black bridge or tuners?

12. Beautiful bass! Congrats! :bassist:

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Because the chrome looks awesome, most likely.

14. Biarnel

Biarnel

Sep 17, 2007
    Italy
    Luthier of Biarnel Liuteria, Italy
    Wow thank you! :D

And by the way, the satin chrome hardware is a customer's choice, and I personally think its shwwwweeet on that satin black finish ;)

Black on black is nice too, like I did on this: http://www.biarnel.com/eng/liuteria/akme/akme5.html

15. I think thechoice of bass is better with maple fingerboard like yours!
    congrats.
    regards from Jakarta, Indonesia.

16. ItalianMetal

ItalianMetal

Dec 11, 2008
    Rome - Italy
    Yes, the satin chrome hardware was a my choice... until the end I don't know which color will be better, then I choose the satin chrome one, I want a black-maple bass... but not too black :)
    As a model I have seen some f-basses, MTD, Mayones... and what you see is exactly what I had in my head, and Emiliano Biarnel often sent me pics about what he's doing asking me how he was working, if I like the woods he had, if I wanted a more or less dark finish etc etc. Now I'm very satisfied :):):)
    Thank you all for congratulations... if you have some questions about the bass I will very pleased to answer!

17. Beautifull instrument! Amazing how many amazing luthiers there are out there!

18. Beautiful! It's always fun to see the work of a luthier you aren't familiar with. Congratulations... beautiful bass! I love the color contrast with the neck and the hardware.

19. That is absolutely gorgeous, as is the other bass that was posted.

20. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Awesome,Biarnel is a friggin great luthier guys!