1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New Fender PP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Same, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Same

Same

Aug 22, 2018
    so I just received my new fender player series precision bass - and I’m a very happy guy.
    Got a call at work saying it had came in and 6:00 couldn’t there fast enough. But as soon as it did I took off without washing my hands or anything, so covered in grease I finally got to see my instrument - very happy. Then I left and when home, immediately replaced the white pickguard, then played it, It sounds and plays great, I’ve only really played a t-40 reguraly, so that’s about all I could compare it to. it’s defferient in a lot of ways but I won’t be sad to play this in its place. I’m probably going to make the headstock darker and oil the fretboard soon, but here it is now
    75E4077A-6476-4A79-9262-7D6A8C842A32.

Yahboy, HD007, GregC and 4 others like this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Great looking bass!

Oiling a rosewood board? It's already an oily wood.

3. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    sweet!... i have a black mij P bass from the 80's that still has a white pickguard.
    The black gives it a nice stealth look.

4. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY
    PP... I was hoping for a double P! Sweet bass.

lowdownthump, SwitchGear and Datsgor like this.
  5. Same

Same

Aug 22, 2018
    It’s a Pau Ferro fretboard tho, it’s dark enough I guess, I’ll probably deal with it and not oil it the more I look at it